5 Best Parks in Middletown: Explore Tatum Park & Deep Cut Gardens
Middletown, New Jersey is a beautiful town that offers an abundance of outdoor activities for residents and visitors to enjoy. With its picturesque parks, rolling hills, and scenic views, it's no wonder that many people choose to move here. Here are the 5 best parks in Middletown that are worth exploring:
- Tatum Park: This expansive park is located in the heart of Middletown and covers over 366 acres of lush greenery. Visitors can enjoy a variety of activities including hiking, fishing, picnicking, and horseback riding. The park also features a playground, a dog park, and several sports fields.
- Deep Cut Gardens: This beautiful botanical garden is located in the heart of Middletown and covers over 54 acres of manicured lawns, gardens, and walking paths. Visitors can enjoy a variety of seasonal flowers and foliage, as well as a butterfly house, koi pond, and several historical structures.
- Poricy Park: This 250-acre park is a nature reserve and historic site that features a variety of hiking trails, a butterfly garden, and several nature exhibits. Visitors can also enjoy guided nature walks, educational programs, and outdoor events throughout the year.
- Thompson Park: This 667-acre park is located in the heart of Middletown and offers a variety of outdoor activities for visitors to enjoy. The park features a lake, hiking trails, sports fields, a playground, and a dog park.
- Hartshorne Woods Park: This 787-acre park is located along the Navesink River and offers a variety of outdoor activities including hiking, fishing, and bird watching. The park also features several historic sites, a playground, and a visitor center.
Whether you're looking for a place to hike, picnic, or simply relax in nature, Middletown has plenty of parks to choose from. These 5 parks are some of the best in the area and offer something for everyone. So, pack a picnic and head out to explore these beautiful parks in Middletown.