5 Marlboro Walking Trails & Hiking Areas: Walk, Jog & Hike Near Your Neighborhood
Marlboro, a township located in Monmouth County, New Jersey, is known for its beautiful parks, green spaces, and outdoor recreational activities. If you're a nature lover or simply looking for a way to stay active, Marlboro has plenty of walking trails and hiking areas to explore. Here are five of the best trails to check out in the area.
- Big Brook Park Big Brook Park, located on Route 520, is a beautiful park with over 1,500 acres of woods, fields, and streams. The park has several hiking trails, including a 1.5-mile loop trail that winds through the woods and along the creek. You can also fish in the creek or have a picnic in the park's designated picnic area.
- Marlboro Township Recreation Center Trail The Marlboro Township Recreation Center Trail is a paved trail that winds around the recreation center and Marlboro High School. The trail is just under a mile long, making it a great option for a quick jog or walk.
- Henry Hudson Trail The Henry Hudson Trail is a 24-mile trail that spans from Aberdeen to Atlantic Highlands. The Marlboro section of the trail runs for about 3 miles and offers beautiful views of the surrounding woods and fields. The trail is paved and suitable for walking, running, and biking.
- Deep Cut Gardens Deep Cut Gardens, located in Middletown, is a beautiful botanical garden with several walking trails that wind through the gardens and wooded areas. The gardens feature a variety of plants, including perennials, roses, and herbs. The trails are a great place to take a leisurely stroll or enjoy a picnic in the garden.
- Monmouth Battlefield State Park Monmouth Battlefield State Park, located in nearby Freehold, is a historical site that commemorates the Revolutionary War battle that took place there in 1778. The park has several hiking trails, including a 1.5-mile loop trail that takes you through the battlefield and offers stunning views of the surrounding countryside.
In conclusion, Marlboro has plenty of outdoor activities for nature lovers and fitness enthusiasts. With these five walking trails and hiking areas, you can explore the beauty of the area while staying active and healthy.