Moving to Elizabeth: 12 Things To Know (2023 Guide)
If you're considering moving to Elizabeth, New Jersey, there are a few things you should know before making the move. Elizabeth is a vibrant city located in Union County and offers a diverse community, excellent transportation options, and a variety of amenities. Here are 12 things to know about moving to Elizabeth in 2023.
- Location: Elizabeth is located in northern New Jersey, approximately 20 minutes from Newark and 30 minutes from New York City.
- Diversity: Elizabeth is a culturally diverse city, with a large population of Hispanic and Portuguese residents. This diversity is reflected in the city's food, festivals, and community events.
- Transportation: Elizabeth is served by the NJ Transit bus and train systems, making it easy to commute to nearby cities like Newark and New York City.
- Port of Elizabeth: The Port of Elizabeth is one of the largest seaports on the east coast and is a significant economic driver for the region.
- Housing: Elizabeth offers a range of housing options, from historic homes to modern apartments. The cost of living in Elizabeth is slightly higher than the national average.
- Education: Elizabeth Public Schools serve the city's students, and there are several private and parochial schools in the area as well.
- Healthcare: Trinitas Regional Medical Center is the largest hospital in Elizabeth and offers a range of medical services to residents.
- Culture: Elizabeth is home to several museums, including the Liberty Hall Museum, which showcases New Jersey's rich history.
- Parks: Elizabeth has several parks and recreational areas, including Warinanco Park, which offers walking trails, sports fields, and a lake for boating and fishing.
- Shopping: Jersey Gardens, one of the largest outlet malls in the country, is located in Elizabeth and offers a variety of shopping options.
- Dining: Elizabeth is home to a diverse range of restaurants, serving everything from Portuguese cuisine to Italian, Mexican, and Chinese.
- Safety: Elizabeth has a relatively low crime rate compared to other cities in the region. However, as with any urban area, it's important to take precautions to stay safe.
In conclusion, Elizabeth is a vibrant city with plenty to offer, from its diverse community to its excellent transportation options and range of amenities. Whether you're looking for a place to call home or just passing through, Elizabeth is a city worth exploring.