Moving to Franklin Township: 12 Things To Know (2023 Guide)
If you're considering moving to Franklin Township, New Jersey, there are a few things you should know before making the move. Franklin Township is a diverse and rapidly growing community located in Somerset County, New Jersey. Here are 12 things to know about moving to Franklin Township in 2023.
- Location: Franklin Township is located in central New Jersey, approximately 45 minutes from New York City and Philadelphia.
- Diversity: Franklin Township is a culturally diverse community, with a large population of African American and Asian residents.
- Housing: Franklin Township offers a range of housing options, from historic homes to modern apartments. The cost of living in Franklin Township is slightly higher than the national average.
- Education: Franklin Township Public Schools serve the community's students, and there are several private and parochial schools in the area as well.
- Healthcare: Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital is the largest hospital in Franklin Township and offers a range of medical services to residents.
- Transportation: Franklin Township is served by NJ Transit buses and trains, making it easy to commute to nearby cities like New York and Philadelphia.
- Parks: Franklin Township has several parks and recreational areas, including Colonial Park and the Delaware and Raritan Canal State Park.
- Shopping: Franklin Township offers a variety of shopping options, including the Somerset Shopping Center and the Village Plaza Shopping Center.
- Dining: Franklin Township is home to a diverse range of restaurants, serving everything from Indian and Chinese cuisine to Italian and Mexican.
- Culture: The Franklin Township Cultural Arts Council hosts several events throughout the year, including music festivals, art exhibits, and theater performances.
- Employment: Franklin Township is home to several major employers, including Johnson & Johnson and Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital.
- Safety: Franklin Township has a relatively low crime rate compared to other cities in the region. However, as with any urban area, it's important to take precautions to stay safe.
In conclusion, Franklin Township is a diverse and thriving community with plenty to offer, from its excellent schools and range of housing options to its convenient location and variety of amenities. Whether you're looking for a place to call home or just passing through, Franklin Township is a great place to explore.