Newark Wards: Newark Zip Codes & Neighborhoods in All 5 Wards
Newark, New Jersey is the largest city in the state and is divided into five distinct wards. Each ward has its own unique characteristics, neighborhoods, and zip codes. Whether you are a longtime resident or a newcomer to Newark, it is important to understand the different wards and neighborhoods to fully appreciate what the city has to offer. In this article, we will provide a breakdown of the Newark wards, zip codes, and neighborhoods.
- North Ward The North Ward is the largest ward in Newark, covering a vast area that includes some of the city's most popular neighborhoods. The zip codes in the North Ward include 07104, 07107, 07108, and 07112. Some of the most notable neighborhoods in the North Ward include Forest Hill, Bloomfield, and Roseville. The North Ward is known for its diverse population, beautiful parks, and historic architecture.
- South Ward The South Ward is one of the most culturally diverse areas in Newark. The zip codes in the South Ward include 07103 and 07114. This ward is home to some of the city's most vibrant neighborhoods, including Weequahic, Clinton Hill, and Dayton. The South Ward is also home to Newark Liberty International Airport and several industrial parks.
- East Ward The East Ward is the most densely populated ward in Newark, covering an area that includes downtown Newark and the Ironbound neighborhood. The zip codes in the East Ward include 07105 and 07114. The Ironbound is known for its Portuguese and Spanish influences, and is home to some of the best restaurants in the city. Other neighborhoods in the East Ward include the Central Business District, the University Heights, and the Lower Broadway neighborhood.
- West Ward The West Ward is the second largest ward in Newark, covering an area that includes several historic neighborhoods. The zip codes in the West Ward include 07106, 07107, and 07108. Some of the most notable neighborhoods in the West Ward include Vailsburg, Ivy Hill, and Fairmount. The West Ward is also home to several beautiful parks, including Branch Brook Park, which is famous for its cherry blossom trees.
- Central Ward The Central Ward is the smallest ward in Newark, but it is also one of the most densely populated. The zip codes in the Central Ward include 07102 and 07114. This ward includes the downtown area, which is the economic and cultural hub of the city. The Central Ward is also home to several universities, including Rutgers University-Newark and the New Jersey Institute of Technology.
In conclusion, each of Newark's five wards has its own unique character and charm. Whether you are looking for a quiet residential neighborhood or a vibrant urban community, Newark has something to offer. By understanding the different wards and neighborhoods, you can find the perfect place to call home in this dynamic and diverse city.