Middletown Schools Guide: Public, Charter & Private Schools in Middletown Township
Middletown Township, located in Monmouth County, New Jersey, is a popular residential area for families due to its excellent schools. If you're moving to Middletown or considering it, it's important to know about the education system in the area. In this article, we will provide a comprehensive guide to the public, charter, and private schools in Middletown.
Middletown Township Public Schools serve over 9,500 students from pre-kindergarten to twelfth grade. The district consists of 17 schools, including 12 elementary schools, three middle schools, and two high schools.
The district is known for its high academic standards, with students consistently performing above the state average on standardized tests. Middletown's public schools also offer a wide range of extracurricular activities, including athletics, music, and drama programs.
There are currently no charter schools in Middletown Township. However, neighboring towns like Red Bank and Asbury Park have charter schools that Middletown students may be eligible to attend through an application process.
Middletown Township also has several private schools that offer alternative educational options. These schools include:
- Oak Hill Academy - A co-educational school serving students from preschool to eighth grade.
- St. Leo the Great School - A Catholic school serving students from pre-kindergarten to eighth grade.
- Red Bank Catholic High School - A Catholic high school located in neighboring Red Bank, NJ, serving students in grades nine through twelve.
- Christian Brothers Academy - A Catholic high school located in neighboring Lincroft, NJ, serving students in grades nine through twelve.
- Mater Dei Prep - A Catholic high school located in neighboring Middletown, NJ, serving students in grades nine through twelve.
- Dwight-Englewood School - A co-educational private school located in neighboring Englewood, NJ, serving students from preschool to twelfth grade.
Middletown Township is home to a range of excellent schools, both public and private. The public schools have a reputation for high academic standards and a wide range of extracurricular activities, while private schools offer alternative educational options. Families moving to Middletown can rest assured that there are plenty of educational options available to meet their children's needs.