Visiting Newark: A Vacation Guide for Hotels & Activities
Newark, New Jersey is a vibrant city with plenty to offer visitors. From historic landmarks to modern entertainment venues, there is something for everyone in this bustling metropolis. If you’re planning a trip to Newark, here is a vacation guide to help you choose the best hotels and activities to make the most of your visit.
- Hotel Indigo Newark Downtown - This stylish boutique hotel is located in the heart of downtown Newark, just steps away from the Prudential Center and other attractions. The hotel features modern rooms with city views, an on-site restaurant, and a fitness center.
- The Wilshire Grand Hotel - This elegant hotel is located in the historic district of West Orange, just a short drive from downtown Newark. The hotel features spacious rooms, a restaurant and bar, a fitness center, and a complimentary shuttle to nearby attractions.
- Courtyard by Marriott Newark Downtown - This modern hotel is located in the heart of downtown Newark, just a short walk from the Prudential Center and other attractions. The hotel features stylish rooms, a restaurant, a fitness center, and a rooftop terrace with city views.
- Prudential Center - This multi-purpose arena is home to the New Jersey Devils NHL team and hosts a variety of concerts and events throughout the year. Visitors can take a tour of the arena and check out the exhibits in the New Jersey Devils Museum.
- Newark Museum - This museum features a wide range of exhibits, from ancient art to contemporary works. Visitors can explore the natural history of the region, admire the collections of American and Asian art, and enjoy the planetarium shows.
- Military Park - This 6-acre park is located in the heart of downtown Newark and is a popular spot for outdoor activities and events. Visitors can relax on the lawn, take a stroll through the gardens, and check out the historic monuments and memorials.
- Cathedral Basilica of the Sacred Heart - This stunning Gothic cathedral is a must-see for visitors to Newark. The cathedral features intricate stained glass windows, marble altars, and soaring arches, and hosts regular masses and concerts throughout the year.
- Riverfront Park - This waterfront park offers stunning views of the Manhattan skyline and is a popular spot for jogging, picnicking, and relaxing. Visitors can take a walk along the river, admire the public art installations, and enjoy the playgrounds and bike paths.
Newark offers a wide range of hotels and activities for visitors to enjoy. Whether you’re interested in history, culture, or entertainment, there is something for everyone in this vibrant city. With this vacation guide, you’ll be able to choose the best hotels and activities to make the most of your trip to Newark.